Oh CRAP! Father’s Day is on Sunday!
Does anyone else feel completely unprepared for the holiday? With our anniversary a couple weeks ago and planning for Alden’s birthday at the end of the month, Father’s Day really creeped up on me. I’m just starting to get my sh*t together, but I think I’ve come up with a great list of gift ideas. I hope all the rest of you last-minute scramblers can use these ideas for the dads and granddads in your lives. Just click to buy, then suck it up and pay for the expensive expedited shipping! I know the extra $20 hurts… but Dad is worth it.
1. Harman Kardon Citation 500 Speaker: This is an excellent wireless home speaker system that’s 67% off right now. Originally almost $700, it’s now just over $200. It’s really a steal for the quality. Bonus: It’s also voice-controlled with Google Assistant.
2. Carved Lake Art: I’ve gifted these wooden nautical topographic maps to two men in my life, and they’ve been big hits! They’re stunning, detailed, and absolutely heirloom quality. You can shop by region to find the body of water that’s meaningful to your family. (P.S. It’s not just lakes! There are lots of coastal options too!)
3. Backyard Golf Cornhole Game: For the golf-loving man in your life, check out this GoSports Battlechip game. It’s fun for both adults and kids and is portable for family getaways.
4. Mac MTH-80 Chef’s Knife: Treat Dad to a professional-quality chef’s knife. This one is the top-rated option on The Wirecutter and has excellent reviews on Amazon. It’s lightweight with a pakka wood handle and dimples for cutting through “sticky” foods.
5. Sous Vide: The Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker is hands-down my husband’s favorite kitchen gadget. There’s nothing he loves more than cooking and devouring an expertly cooked steak, and the sous vide is a fool-proof method for perfect results. For excellent flavor, moisture, texture, and taste, the sous vide makes it happen.
6. Eno DoubleNest Hammock: Does Dad love relaxing outdoors? This Eno DoubleNest hammock is unbelievably comfortable, and this one also includes Eno’s Insect Shield treatment. It’s a great size for Dad to lounge alone but also big enough for two to snuggle. It’s perfect for use in the backyard, on the porch, and on hiking and camping trips.