John and I had a little Trader Joe’s date last week because I was was eager to get my hands on all the fall goodies! I felt like a kid on Halloween and beelined straight for the glorious autumn display. After a thorough assessment of all things “fall”, these are the treats we walked away with:
- Fall Leaf Corn Tortilla Chips and Fall Harvest Salsa
- Maple & Sea Salt Kettle Corn
- Autumnal Harvest Soup (Great with grilled cheese)
- Pumpkin Spiced Pumpkin Seeds (Yummy on their own or over Greek yogurt with honey)
- Pumpkin Pancake Mix and Maple Butter (Our Sunday morning treat)
But perhaps best of all was the Trader Joe’s Spicy Pumpkin Curry Simmer Sauce. I threw it over some chicken and veggies, microwaved some brown rice, and Voila! We had a super easy, super delicious meal. This one is going to become part of our fall meal rotation, for sure!
Spicy Pumpkin Curry Chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 6 new potatoes, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jar Trader Joe's Spicy Pumpkin Curry Simmer Sauce
- 1 bag Trader Joe's frozen Organic Brown Rice or Organic Cauliflower Rice
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and sautee until cooked through.
- Add the onion, bell pepper and potatoes, and continue sauteeing until the onions are softened and translucent.
- Pour the Spicy Pumpkin Curry Simmer Sauce over the chicken and veggies. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are fork-tender.
- Serve curry over rice.
When all was said and done, I was pretty impressed that I was able to “wing-it” and end up with such a tasty meal. That said, I also have to admit the sauce did about 90% of the flavor work!
Let me know what you think in the comments or if you have any ideas for variations. (Also, I’m no chef, so feel free to share if you have tips to improve the recipe!)