November is one of my favorite months of the year because it’s a time to stop and reflect on what you’re grateful for. And science tells us that gratitude is the key to happiness! Don’t believe me? Check out these articles:
- Psychology Today: “How Gratitude Leads to a Happier Life”
- The Guardian: “Is Gratitude the Secret of Happiness? I Spent a Month Finding Out.”
- Greater Good Magazine: “How Gratitude Changes You and Your Brain”
- Positive Psychology: “The Science and Research on Gratitude and Happiness”
I’ve definitely learned this lesson the hard way. I spent years of my life in a negative space, often assuming I should have the things I did or wasting energy wishing I had more. And trust me, I’m still not immune to that way of thinking now! I’m human, and it’s 2020. But I have learned to practice gratitude intentionally, and the more I do it, the more naturally it comes to me.
This November, I’m going to show you a little bit of how I practice gratitude, and I’d love for you to join me! Each day of this month, I’ll be posting a prompt on my Instagram stories. Of course I’ll answer it myself, but I want you to answer them too!
How can you participate?
- Share your answer to each daily question in your Instagram stories or feed. (Be sure to tag me so I can see your post!)
- Bonus: Tag a friend!
But what’s in it for you? Well, for starters, gratitude and happiness, as we’ve established! But this is also a CHALLENGE with rewards! When you participate in the challenge, you’ll be entered for weekly giveaways. The more participation, the higher your odds!
I’ll be announcing the winners and prizes each Sunday! I’m not telling you the prizes ahead of time, so you’ll have to tune in to find out (but they’re definitely cute)!
- A friend
- A family member
- A teacher or leader
- A meal
- A song
- A way to move your body
- An animal
- A book
- A simple act of kindness
- Something in nature
- A personal trait
- A silver lining
- A scent
- A way to treat yourself
- An adventure
- A freedom
- Something that made you laugh
- A safe place
- An opportunity you’ve had
- A gift you’ve received
- A difficult experience
- Something beautiful you saw today
- An emotion
- A guilty pleasure
- Something about your body (what it looks like or what it does for you)
- A Thanksgiving tradition
- A life lesson you’ve learned
- An article of clothing
- A personal talent or skill
- A memory that makes you smile
I hope you’ll join me! I can’t wait to hear what you’re grateful for this season!